lørdag 30. juni 2012

First week in Harstad



My first week as a "summer pastor" in Harstad has gone by, and I guess it's time to publish some pictures of how life is here in the North. This week I've got a small student apartment, met my colleagues, conducted two funeral services, had a morning devotion for tourists from Hurtigruten, visited two asylum camps in the neighbouring area, and tried to get to know the town of Harstad a little more.

Harstad has about 20 000 inhabitants and is located on the biggest island of Norway, called Hinnøya. It is the second largest town in Troms county, only Tromsø is bigger and has about 75 000 inhabitants.

Here are some pictures, click on them to make them bigger.
  
The midnight sun, seen from Nupen, proclaimed as the most romatic place in Norway. 
Enjoying the midnight sun,.  
The church office, located central in Harstad town.
The sign at my office door.

My office 1.
My office 2.
The student house where I live.
My room

Fishing boat at the Harstad harbour.
One of the Hurtigruten ships leaving from Harstad in the morning.
Trondenes seen from the Harstad harbour. The building with the red roof on the right is Trondenes church, a stone church from about 1250 AD. 
"Skarven" in the Harstad harbour.

2 kommentarer:

  1. Imponerende! Ser ut som om det skjer mer i Harstad for tida enn på Averøy :) Men snart går de andre prestene ut i ferie da, så jeg regner med at da tar det seg opp med jobb her også :) i mellomtida blir jeg jo superforberedt til de tre søndagene jeg skal ha gudstjeneste, hehe! Skal du være nordpå lenge eller? Kos deg!

    SvarSlett
  2. Skal være her ut juli, så blir noen uker til, ja. Lykke til, du og!

    SvarSlett